Style, fabric and color are the aspects you need to keep in mind while buying wedding suits for groom. Know how to choose a wedding suit.
Choosing Wedding Suits
There was a time when Indian grooms used to stick to traditional dresses, like sherwani, achkan and kurta pajama, for their wedding. However, the trend has changed with the passing time. Though the traditional wear is still dominating the scenario, these days, we also see many of the grooms going for western suits, as their wedding attire. Call it the increasing influence of western culture or anything else, but the fact remains that suits are increasing becoming one of the choices for the Indian groom.
Wedding Suits For Groom
There are a lot of considerations that you need to make while buying a suit for your wedding. Apart from the style and cut, you also need to consider the type of fabric and the color that you want to go in for. While deciding about either of the two, it is advisable to keep in mind the weather conditions that will be prevailing around your wedding, the time of your wedding (day/night) and the overall theme around which it has been planned. As far as possible, go for wrinkle-fabrics and make sure that the color you choose complements your complexion.
How To Choose Wedding Suit
- First of all, you need to do some 'window shopping'. As soon as the wedding gets fixed, start doing a recce of the stores and malls in your area. Check out the styles that you like and notice their price. This will help you get an idea of the styles that fall within your price range.
- Now is the time to cut down on the wide choice that you have managed to arrive on. For the purpose, check out the fabric of the suit first. Wool is one of the most popular options for wedding suits. You can opt for polyester and microfibers, which look elegant and are easy to care for as well. Then, there is linen, which is priced quite competitively.
- Next, observe the style of the suit. In case your wedding has been based around a theme, it will be an important to keep the same in mind, while deciding the style. Apart from that, you need to make sure that the suit fits you well and its cut flatters your body type completely.
- In most of the cases, the jacket of a suit is already matched with a pair of pants. However, at times, you might need to mix and match the two as well. In this case, make sure that the jacket and pants have the same fabric as well as color. Otherwise, the suit will look very odd.
- By now, you must have decided on the perfect suit for your wedding. All that has been left to do is buy it. If you feel that there are minor problems in its fitting, get it altered then and there. Another thing that you might need to do is get the pants cut, lengthwise. As the last step, buy a shirt in a color which contrasts with that of your suit.
After you have bought the suit for your wedding, it is the time to enhance your overall look, with the help of accessories. The first, and the most obvious, wedding suit accessory that comes into mind comprises of cufflinks, followed by tie pins (if you are wearing a tie). Along with that, you need to pick shoes and belt. Make sure that both of them are in the same color and complement the overall outfit as well. Finally, wear a stylish watch in one of your hands and adorn the other with a bracelet.