These days, the grooms have also started indulging in hair care and skin care, before the wedding. Let us explore some groom hair care tips.
Groom Hair Care
When it comes to a wedding, brides are known to spend the maximum time in preparation. After all, they have so many things to decide upon, right from the wedding dress and shoes to accessories, handbag and cosmetics. However, with the passing time, the grooms have also started paying a lot more attention to their looks. Going to a saloon and getting appointments with a hair stylist is something that the present-day groom indulges in, before the wedding. Coming to the hair, there are a lot of steps that a groom can undertake himself, to make sure that his hair look healthy and well-maintained on the wedding day. We have also provided a number of hair care tips for the groom, in the following lines.
Groom Hair Care Tips
- One of the basic hair care tips that you need to follow is to classify your hair into any of the three categories - oil, dry or normal. The hair care as well as hair styling products that you can use will depend upon the type of hair you have.
- While normal hair does not require too much managing on your part, the opposite is true in case of dry as well as oily hair. In the latter case, you might have to use special products or get proper treatments. This will ensure that your hair looks just perfect on the wedding day.
- Always follow a proper cleansing routine in relation to your hair, which includes the use of shampoo as well as conditioner. First of all, wash your hair thoroughly with a shampoo, taking care to rinse off all the lather. Thereafter, apply conditioner, leave in for a few minutes and rinse off.
- Never ever rub your hair with towel, after washing it. Apart from damaging the cuticles, this might lead to split ends and also make your hair frizzy. It is always advisable to pat the hair dry, using a towel, while stroking the hair in the direction it grows.
- While a hot shower helps relax your body, the same does not hold true in case of your hair. Rather, hot water strips your hair as well as scalp of the natural oils and makes it dry. So, it is always advisable to use lukewarm water for washing your hair.
- Stay away from chemical treatments, as far as possible. Though they make your hair look really nice and attractive, there is always the possibility of damage in the long run. In fact, more often that not, chemical products end up altering the texture of your hair.
- After washing your hair, stay away from a comb or brush, as long as it is dripping wet. Rather, use your fingers to remove the tangles. This is because wet hair is very brittle and susceptible to breakage. Even when it becomes damp, it is better to use a wide-toothed comb, not a brush.
- Taking care of your health will go a long way in having well-maintained hair. Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day, have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, get 7-8 hours of sleep in a day and try to stay away from stress as much as possible.
- Avoid wearing tight hats or caps. Regular use of the same might result in "traction alopecia", a condition in which hair is pulled out of the scalp. In case you like wearing long hair, make sure not to tie in a tight ponytail, as the latter causes great damage to hair cuticles.
- Keep the usage of hair styling products, like hair sprays, mousse and gels, to a minimum. At the same time, avoid using blow-dryers or straightening irons on your hair. All of them make your hair look good temporarily, but cause undue damage in the long run.
- Get your hair trimmed on a regular basis, as it helps remove the damaged parts and avoid the occurrence of split ends. In case you want to grow your hair long, go for a trim at least once in six weeks and let your stylish know that you only want to get the damaged section cut off.