In case you are looking for bridal hair care tips, just go through this article. You will find a lot of advice on hair care for the brides.
Bridal Hair Care Tips
In the days preceding the wedding, the bride does not even get the time to take an easy breath, forget about anything else. So many preparations have to be done, right from deciding the dress to taking the right bridal package. However, there are certain aspects that she simply cannot afford to forget and one of them comprises of hair care. You would not want to mar your overall look on the wedding day, simply because of your rough, dull and unruly hair. Remember, taking out a few minutes on a daily basis, to care for your hair, will go a long way in making them look healthy and full of sheen. In case you need any help, the hair care tips for brides, given below, will prove useful.
Hair Care for Brides
- You will need to categorize your hair into any of the three types - oily, dry and normal and care for them accordingly. In case it is dry or oily, you might consider the option for using special products or taking proper treatments to ensure that they look healthy on the wedding day.
- As far as possible, avoid the use of blow-dryers or straightening irons on your hair. At the same time, stay away from the styling products, like hair sprays, mousse, gels, etc. Rather, opt for products that comprise of natural ingredients and shun all the chemical-based ones.
- Always use a wide-toothed comb to remove the tangles from your hair and avoid using a brush for the same. Also, try not to comb your hair when it is dripping wet. This might lead to excessive breakage, as wet hair is quite fragile and brittle.
- Keep proper care of your diet. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water in a day and increasing the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables will help improve the overall health of your hair. Avoid foods that contain too much oil or spices.
- It is always advisable to go for monthly deep conditioning treatments, from your stylist. In case this proves too expensive for you, undertake the same at home, using a leave in conditioner. However, get at least one treatment from the stylist, a few days before the D-day.
- Wash your hair at least 2-3 times in a week and make sure to use a good conditioner every time. As far as possible, stick to a protein conditioner, as it helps improves the health of hair. If you want, you can opt for herbal conditioners as well, which do not contain any chemicals.
- Save your hair from extremes of temperature. Avoid going out in heavy wind or harsh sun. If it is not possible to avoid the same, make sure to cover your hair, with a scarf, before you step out. This will protect your hair and help minimize the damage.
- You can always opt for spa treatments, such as hot oil massage and aroma therapy, as a part of bridal hair care. Apart from helping rejuvenate the hair, these treatments also help impart a healthy and glossy sheen to the hair. Get at least one treatment in the days preceding the wedding.
- Avoid going for any drastic hair change a few days before the wedding. Coloring your hair in a completely new color or getting it permed or even going for a wild haircut is not at all advisable before the wedding. If you want to experiment, make sure that it is 3-4 months before the D-day.