In our Hindu tradition we invite guests for
wedding ceremony by giving them invitation cards. Here are list of
ideas for wedding invitation card.
Wedding Invitation Card
Indian weddings have a riot of rituals and customs and according to the tradition, all the guests are invited to the wedding function through invitation card. Invites form an imperative component of a wedding ceremony. They are quintessential and qualify as the first step towards inviting your family and friends for the auspicious occasion. Invites are cordial means of informing your guests about the time, date and venue of the functions and that their presence would be highly esteemed. Generally, Indian wedding cards are traditional looking and have an ethnic touch in them. However, in the present times, contemporary versions are also in vogue. To get detailed information and idea about the Hindu wedding invitation card, browse through the following lines.
Wedding Invitation Card
- Budget is the foremost consideration to make, when it comes to wedding cards. Much depends on the amount of money you are willing to spend. Those with a medium or low budget can go for simple cards, with modest designing. However, ones with a high budget can go for high quality paper, special font style and expensive designs and graphics.
- Once the budget has been decided, the next step is the designing of the card. There are umpteen options of designs. You can either go for the traditional wedding cards or opt for the more contemporary ones.
- Traditionally, the face of the card mostly has a picture of betel leaves in the center with a miniature idol of Lord Ganesha resting on it. The card is then bordered with a red string.
- Another style of wedding card is one, characterized with the picture of the baraat and Lord Ganesha engraved on it. The card also carries an impression of the palki.
- Talking about contemporary style, handmade paper is mostly used for the card. Instead of the usual rectangular or square shape, the card has a semicircular shape.
- You can even go for customized invitation cards. In such a card, the photo of the bride and the bridegroom is displayed on the face or the cover of the card.
- Usually, red, yellow, green, orange, saffron and golden are the traditional and conventional colors opted for the wedding card. However, with modernization, blue, silver, pink, grey are also being used as the background color.
- When it comes to designing, there are certain must-haves that need to be present in a Hindu wedding card. The wedding card should include one or two of the following religious signs - Lord Ganesha, Om, swastik, palki, doli, baraat, betel leaves and kalash.
- A wedding card usually has one or two leaflets inside it, which contain details of all the main functions that are supposed to be held before and on the wedding day.
- Coming to the wordings, the right side of the card usually has a line or two of mantras in the beginning. This is followed by the name of the parents who cordially invite the guest for the wedding of their son/daughter. The names of the to-be bride and the groom features next and is followed by the name of the grand parents. In the lower end, "With Best Compliments" feature on the right side and RSVP of the left side. While the former contains names of close relatives, the latter has one or two names with telephone numbers.
- The left side of the card contains details of the wedding rituals. If the card is from the groom's side, it would have the details of the function before the baraat starts, the reception of the baraat and customs followed later. If the card is from the bride's side, it would have details of the reception of the baraat and the rituals followed next.
- The leaflets of the card would contain the details of the ceremonies that are to take place before the wedding day. Make sure the time, date and venue of the place where the rituals would take place are clearly mentioned.
- Giving directions is always welcomed, provided you explain them properly. Mention important landmarks near the wedding venue. You can also provide alternate routes, apart from the main route.
Comment On This Article