There are various occasions before the wedding
day when the bride has to do some light make up. Here are some ideas
on light party make up tips for the bride.
Party Makeup Tips For Bride
An Indian wedding comprises of a large number of functions, which start with the engagement, are followed by tilak, sangeet and, mehendi, and end with the D-day ceremony and reception. A bride has to get ready for each one of them in such a way that she looks apart from rest of the crowd. However, she also has to make sure that she does not end up looking the same on her engagement as well as the wedding. The best bet to ensure this does not happen will be to go for a bit heavy makeup on the D-day and opt for light makeup on the other ceremonies. In case, you want to get some party makeup tips for the bride, Indian or not, the following lines will prove handy.
Light Bridal Party Make-Up
- First of all, you will have to give your face a thorough wash, making use of a mild cleanser for the purpose. Following this, rub ice on your face, for 5-10 minutes, in breaks. Finally, pat dry your face with a towel.
- Now, making use of a cotton swab, wipe your face with cleansing milk. Thereafter, take some moisturizer in your hands and gently massage it all over your face, neck and exposed back.
- This is the time to apply foundation. Put a dollop of foundation on your palms and add some moisturizer to it. Mix the two together. Rub your palms together and then apply the foundation all over your face, neck and exposed back.
- Get hold of a face brush and use it to apply shimmer powder all over your face, neck and exposed back. Follow this with a light application of blush-on, mainly on the cheekbones, sides of the forehead and chin.
- Move on to the eyes. Apply eye-shadow, in a shade that goes with the color of your outfit. Then, apply eye-liner and kohl, followed by 2-3 coats of the mascara. Finish off by defining the eyebrows, with a pencil.
- After the eyes, you will have to do the lip-make-up. Again, use a shade that goes with the color of your outfit. Shape your lips with a lip-liner and then use a brush to fill the outline with lipstick. Finish with a coat of gloss.
- Though many brides forget them, nails form an important part of your overall appearance. Clean your nails thoroughly and then apply a nude base coat. Follow with two coats of the nail polish, with 10-minutes gap. Finally, add another coat of the nude polish and let it dry.
- Always allow 10 minutes gap between two coats of nail paint, to make sure that the previous one is completely dry. This will help avoid the smudging of your nail polish.
- In order to make your lipstick last longer, blot it with a tissue, after the first application. Thereafter, dust your lips with some loose powder and apply the lipstick once again.
- In case you are wearing an Indian outfit, putting a bindi on the forehead, in-between both the brows, will provide a nice touch to the overall makeup. Make sure that the bindi matches the color of your dress.